Port Stanley Harbour Review Steering Committee
The Port Stanley Harbour is a centre for business and tourism in Central Elgin.
A steering committing comprised of staff, council, and community members is working with Dillon Consulting to develop a secondary plan for the Port Stanley Harbour.
Over 200 people attended a public workshop about the harbour on July 24. The information presented included an overview of the process, and draft plans for land use, transportation improvements, public realms, maximum heights. You can also view the panels that were set up, and the comments left on each draft:
(note that some comments were moved to the most appropriate map)
If you have any comments on these plans, please send them to email@example.com by July 31st.
Next steps include:
• Developing a preferred land use plan based on comments;
• Identifying transportation, water and sanitary, stormwater, and incentive program recommendations;
• Conducting market and financial impact assessment on the preferred land use;
• Drafting the Harbour Plan and Urban Design Guidelines;
• Holding a Public Meeting about the Draft Harbour Plan, Urban Design Guidelines, Incentive Program and Financial Impact; and
• Holding a Statutory Public Meeting on the Harbour Plan.
You can also like our Port Stanley Harbour Facebook page to keep informed of upcoming public events, and take a look at the Harbour public engagement plan and the update given to Council on April 18, 2017.
Draft versions of a Port Stanley Harbour Archaeological Review and Natural Heritage Review are also available for public comment.
For historic reports and background on the harbour, please visit our other Port Stanley pages: